If you’re considering going to school to become an IT professional, you should learn what the top 10 qualities of a great computer major are. This will be helpful in deciding whether computer school is right for you, and it will help you determine what skills you need to play up or work on more. So without further ado, here are the top 10 qualities of a great computer major:
1. Ability to Multitask: Computer professionals are often involved in many tasks at the same time, which involves time management skills to pull off successfully.
2. Adaptability: If you want to make it in the professional computer/IT world, you have to be versatile. This means bringing skills in other fields, such as business and finance, to the table.
3. Analytical Skills: You should have great analytical skills because you can use them to develop new ideas and solve computer problems.
4. Aptitude for Math: Mathematics is used in many computer applications, so you can’t do well in this career without a few good math skills.
5. Attention to Detail: If your numbers, computations or placements are even slightly off, it can affect how a computer program runs or looks. You must be able to ensure accuracy every time.
6. Commitment to Learning: As a computer professional you will constantly be reeducating yourself in order to keep up with changing technology.
7. Communication Skills: Many IT professionals lack good communication skills, so you can set yourself apart here. This will help you understand clients’ and coworkers’ needs.
8. Memorization Skills: You must be able to learn and memorize programming languages to make it in this professional field.
9. Problem Solving/Troubleshooting Capabilities: If you’re going to be able to solve problems with networks, software and various programs, you have to be able to think on your feet and act fast.
10. Technical Writing Skills: This means being able to explain very complicated concepts on paper in such a way that the layman will understand.
Utilize this list if you are thinking about majoring in computer science or a related field and are looking for ways to stand out in the field of potential competitors.
Richard Stillman – Free Software Visionary
The Top Benefits of Home Automation in This Modern Era
Basic FAQs in Software Testing